Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2017

Trees Are Poems


"Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky."
      (Kahlil Gibran)


Early in March I took a picture of a tree across the railroad tracks.
There was something about its shape that caused me to wonder what kind of tree it was. My thinking at the time was that when it leafed out, I could identify it.

So here it is, all leafed out. Too far away for me to identify.

But my 20X Zoom brought it near enough to be reasonably sure it is a Poplar, possibly a Black Poplar. And look, it too, has catkins.

There was another tree I took a picture of today, this one down on the far side of the pond. The Chokecherries are in bloom.

Another zoomed in photo. I was trying to see what the light gray was amidst the foliage in one of the Willow trees in the wetlands behind the pond. It was just some dead limbs, but makes for an interesting picture.

It is so easy to take for granted the things we see every day - even the beautiful and wonderful things like birds, flowers, trees, clouds and sunsets. Regardless of the season, trees are poems written upon the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment