Search This Blog

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Kindly Earth


"I look back with gladness to the day when I found the path to the land of heart's desire, and thank Fate ceaselessly with a loud voice that she did not permit town to sap all the years away while the heart was turning to wind-voices and flower-faces and the of kindly earth." (Marion Dudley Cran, The Garden of Ignorance, 1913)

"Let me arise and open the gate,
to breathe the wild warm air of the heath,
And to let in Love, and to let out Hate,
And anger at living and scorn of Fate,
To let in Life, and to let out Death."
(Violet Fane/Lady Mary Montgomerie Lamb Currie, From Dawn to Noon, 1872 and Poems, 1892)

"So I will build my altar in the fields,
And the blue sky my fretted dome shall be,
And the sweet fragrance that the wild flower yields
Shall be the incense I will yield to thee."
(To Nature by Samuel Taylor Coleridge)

I think it is only natural on this lovely spring day, that my heart and mind turn to the nurture of nature. And, if I can no longer physically be in and of Her as I long to be, I can share the expressions of kindred spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment