Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Changing Seasons















Summer's waning
Light is changing

Cicadas whirring
Crickets chirring

Leaves falling
Autumn calling




















Fall's finery displayed
Colors widely arrayed

Mornings crisply arrive
Feeling glad to be alive

Blue Jays call thief, thief
Winter. I hope it's brief
















First snow such delight
Solstice, longest night

Ice coated trees glimmer
Watery blue skies shimmer

Winter's steely gray skies
Give over to earth's sighs
















Spring and a sense of wonder
That I'm still above, not under

New growth at every turn
Dormant hopes again burn

Flowers and showers of May
Usher perfect summer days


For everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under the sun. The older I get the faster the seasons pass. But with every change of season I find I am still glad to see them arrive.

I would not want to live any where there wasn't such a pronounced change in summer, autumn, winter and spring and I love living in my native state of Iowa.

A time (and place) to be born; a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry. A time to love and be loved.

I will always believe I have grown up and lived during the best time and in the best place possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment