Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Do Feathers Appear When Angels Are Near?

For several days now I have been thinking about feathers - specifically about how I used to find feathers on my daily walk or when I was working around the farm. I had a little medicine bag hanging on the wall with all the feathers I had found tucked into it. I came to think of finding a feather as a gift with special meaning. If only I knew what its meaning was!

Lately I have been thinking about how long it has been since I found any feathers.

Then, this morning, there it was! Someone had left me a gift! A reminder that I am still worthy? Still appreciated because I feed the birds every day? I still don't know the meaning(s) of finding a feather, I just know a feeling of elation when I do! Is it from one of my favorite doves?

It has been eleven months since I found this tiny little iridescent feather. Might it be from a hummingbird?

 So now I have two feathers in this old perfume bottle. I hadn't thought about it before, but the name on this little bottle is appropriate - Obsession. I am a bit obsessive about feathers I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment