Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2016

My Funny Valentine

Next Wednesday, February 17th, will mark thirty-one years as roommates with my funny Valentine. How we have managed to stay together is a mystery - unless that 'opposites attract' line is true.
Bud can see humor in almost any situation. I hardly ever see humor in anything. He takes very little seriously. I am super-serious about everything.
There are times I think this is Bud's favorite quote: "I love being married. It's great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." On second thought, that probably applies equally to both of us.


I've always loved this photo taken on our first date.
As Lucille Ball said: "It wasn't love at first sight. It took a full five minutes." So true for me.





But this was also true:

And maybe that is why our life together has worked so well, we do play jokes on one another and laugh at one another as well as together.


As I wrote a few days ago, I don't need flowers or candy or a card on one certain day to show me I am loved. My funny Valentine shows me every day of the year.

Here is my 'Valentine' for you, dear heart:


I love you beyond forever. R

No comments:

Post a Comment