Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2015

First Snow of the Season

Yesterday morning dawned so pink and pretty but the sun was short-lived. Storm warnings were already in the forecast.

The calm before the storm. I liked the way the sunrise was lighting the tree top which then was reflected in the pond.

The view early this morning with three geese swimming on the pond and everything else covered in about two inches of snow.

The zinnias are now a snow sculpture and the lattice between the deck posts a study in brown and white.

For me the prettiest picture is this one of the snow on the geranium blooms with the fallen autumn leaves in the foreground.

And remember that geranium bud that I was hoping two weeks ago would have the chance to open before a hard frost or freeze? This is it this morning - a final farewell.

The first snow of the season is always magical but we've had such a lovely autumn, I was not ready for it to end quite yet. And I'm definitely not ready for the COLD! But this, too, shall pass.

1 comment:

  1. We had a few random flakes this morning. We never get nearly as much snow as you do in Iowa. Boy, do I remember the snow when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete