Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

Miss You, Miss You, Miss You


Woke up this morning with Mom on my mind - dreamed of her last night. What was she trying to tell me? Looked in the mirror; wondered if I'm beginning to look more like her now that I'm only a year away from being 70. Looked at this picture of her to compare. Tears came to my eyes and these words came to my mind:


Miss you, miss you, miss you; everything I do,
Echoes with the laughter and the voice of you.


You're on every corner, every turn and twist,
Every old familiar spot whispers how you're missed!


Miss you, miss you, miss you, everywhere I go,
There are poignant memories dancing in a row.


Silhouette and shadow of your form and face,
Substance and reality everywhere displace.


Oh, I miss you, miss you! How I miss you girl!
There's a strange, sad silence 'mid the busy whirl,


Just as tho' the ordinary, daily things I do,
Wait with me expectant for a word from you.


Miss you, miss you, miss you! Nothing now seems true,
Only that 'twas Heaven just to be with you.


(David M. Cory [1872-1966], American poet and author of children's stories, penned Miss You)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie, how lovely and touching. I miss her, too. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its majic of mothers, my mother passed away last month, I saw this poem and tried to find it, here it is about another mother. Thanks

    ReplyDelete