Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

CCC+CCCI or DCI?


I don't remember what grade Roman Numerals were taught in, but I do know I learned how to read them before I got to that grade. That was one of the advantages of the one room schools - listening in as the upper grades 'recited'.
Roman numerals fascinated me. It was revealing to learn there was another way to write numbers. After I published yesterday's blog, I realized it was my 600th post. Had I realized it ahead of time, I would probably have tried to write something significant for the occasion. But as my main reason for beginning my blog was to share my memories and old family pictures with my children and grandchildren, I'm glad yesterday's 600th blog was about another memory of my childhood.
Do elementary students still learn to read Roman Numerals? Could they tell today's post is DCI? 601?  

No comments:

Post a Comment