Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Definitely Time For Hot Tea


It was 27 degrees here this morning - definitely time for hot tea. I finished the last of the iced tea left in the fridge yesterday. I probably won't make any again until next spring. I usually keep two pitchers of cold tea on hand, one of Crystal Light either Peach or Raspberry and one of an unsweetened tea - Jasmine is my favorite.
I think I have plenty of tea on hand to last awhile. This is an assortment of what I quickly pulled out of the cupboard. I know I have more. I'm going to try and make myself use up most of what I have before I buy any more of my all-time favorite black tea - Ahmad English No. 1 which is what is in the Prince William-Duchess Kate Wedding Souvenir Tin at the left front. I bought it for the TEA, not the royalty tin.
The Tetley British Blend is my second choice and is usually easier to find and less expensive than Ahmad which I have to order online. With luck I can find the Tetley at Walmart. Regular Lipton Black tea is not one I'll buy, but I do try their specialty teas every once in awhile. I was sucked into buying the Black Pearl because that is the name of one of the boats my son Douglas built. There is nothing special about the tea. The other Lipton is Bavarian Wild Berry. It is okay hot, but I think I liked it better cold. (It was the last pitcher of unsweetened tea I just finished.)
The Celestial Seasonings Chai Tea is Chocolate Caramel Enchantment. Chai Tea is what I grab to make whenever I feel a cold coming on. I know the only reason I bought this particular flavor was because it was on clearance at Wally, but I do like it. I have not opened the Tazo Chai Organic Spiced Black Tea yet. I'll wait until the other Chai is used up.
There was a sample of Twinings Lemon Twist Black Tea in the new box of Earl Grey I bought. I did not think I would like Lemon Tea but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. I really liked it, enough so that when I get my current stash of tea whittled down some, I am going to buy a box of it. I like both Earl Grey and Lady Grey teas. I received a Twining's Variety Pack of Black Teas last Christmas which was the first time I'd had Lady Grey tea.
I don't remember where I got the Tea Nation English Breakfast tea. The logo on the circular tin says "Tea, as it once was." The tea bags are round like the Tetley tea bags. I haven't opened this tea yet so I don't know if I like it.
The box of sampler teas in the back right have nine different teas. Most of them are flavored black tea like, raspberry, vanilla, peppermint, cinnamon and cranberry. More new teas to try.
The little box of Numi flowering tea came with the cutest little glass teapot and was also a Christmas gift. If you don't know about Numi tea you can read about it here.
There are benefits of drinking black tea as well as green tea which is supposed to help you lose weight. Some of those are: Tea has less caffeine than coffee; it contains antioxidants to help slow the aging process; it may protect against cancer, heart attacks and strokes; it strengthens your bones and boosts your immune system; and, it has no calories.
Hot tea is the perfect accompaniment for my very favorite activity - reading. Which is what I'm going to do now - just as soon as I make a cup of tea. Even though I don't feel like I'm catching cold, I think I'm going to have a cup of Chai. Maybe Earl Grey.







1 comment:

  1. So, this morning I was feeling a cold coming on. Drank two cups of chai tea today and feel much better this evening. Wonder if this works for everyone?

    ReplyDelete