Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Definitely Frost On The Pumpkin


The first frost of the season - on the grass - not on a pumpkin. I never tire of taking pictures of the pond. Especially when there is something reflected in it.


After seeing yesterday's post, my daughter asked if I would go back out to Windy Acres and get some of the Halloween decorations she saw in my picture. So here are the candlesticks, crow and scull that are going to be a part of her scene in Portland next month. I set them down to take a picture of them and of the desk/vanity & chair that are for sale. Red is not usually my color but if I had more room in my house, I might be tempted. Love that vanity!


I was hoping to photograph some more of Mother Nature's Autumn decorating, but there's just not that much color in our trees yet. So here is a picture I took four years ago while on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Bud is looking back at the famous Linn Cove Viaduct. It is the double-S curve elevated bridge that clings to the side of Grandfather Mountain and the last piece of the highway to be completed.


Of all the beautiful roads we drove and scenery we saw, it was the one place Bud wanted to be certain to drive on though I think he liked the Cherohala Skyway just as much.


Lastly, remembering my sister on what would have been her 67th birthday, a picture of all the blackbirds that were in the yard last week. I've always remembered Mom telling how the blackbirds were singing the day Betty was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment