Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rodney's First Birthday

November was already a month full of birthdays in our family when last year on November 15 we added another.
My oldest granddaughter, Katrina, had her first baby - a boy - Rodney Robert.
He had a rough beginning with three surgeries and several weeks in NICU. We were so happy when he finally got to go home. He began growing and thriving.





Today family and friends gathered to celebrate Rodney's first birthday.
After Mommy helped him open gifts, it was time for birthday cake.










Katrina set the little cake before him on the high chair tray.
Rodney was very tentative at first - taking a bit of icing and looking at it before deciding to taste it.









It wasn't long before he had cake and frosting all over himself. From the looks of him, he found it to be a lot of fun.
I have to admit I didn't understand the whole "making a mess of things" when my grandchildren began celebrating their first birthdays. That was a new tradition since the time when my children were little.
Now it is par for the course. It does make for some cute pictures.





Once Rodney had his cake and was bathed, it was time to play with some of those new toys.
What a difference a year has made in our little boy. Great grandma is biased, of course, but I think he is one cute kid.
It is such a joy to be a part of Rodney's life. I look forward to many more birthdays and watching him grow and change.
I like watching my granddaughter grow in her role as Mom, too. Rodney is lucky to have her just as she is fortunate to have him.
.......a memorable first year and first birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment