Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Still The One

"You're still the one that makes me laugh --
Still the one -- that's my better half; We're still having fun -- And you're still the one. You're still the one that makes me strong -- Still that one that I want to take along -- We're still having fun, And you're still the one..."

Happy St. Valentine's Day Everyone.

Bud gave me the lovely roses a week ago and they are still gorgeous. This morning he gave me the card - even after we said, "No Cards!" Lovely sentiments outside and inside the card, but the most meaningful are in his handwriting: "You're still the one."

So now I'm waiting until he gets home to see the snow heart. The message that goes with it: "Be Mine. Nothing more. Nothing Less." It was the best I could do on such short notice - that and the bag of chocolate hearts candy I gave him last night.

Wednesday will mark the 25th anniversary of our being together. In November we will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. He's already promised my choice of a cruise or a trip to Cancun. (How lucky can one woman be?) In the meantime, we are finally going to get out of this snow and cold for awhile with a trip to the SW.

"I looked at your face everyday
But I never saw it 'til I went away
When winter came, I just wanted to go
Deep in the desert, I longed for the snow..."

Changing, our love is going gold,

Even though we grow old, it is new --

You're still the one" (Orleans)

I don't think we will be longing for the snow when we get to the desert next week. I think we will be enjoying the sun and warm weather and being together on yet another of our road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment