Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Down Under

We watched a Nat Geo program about Australia and the Dream Time of the Aborigines. Not only interesting, but gorgeous scenery.
Australia has been one of my dream time destinations for many, many years. I've read a lot of novels set in Australia and watched movies and tv shows about the country. I find it totally fascinating.
It is summer there now; would be a good time to visit as we are freezing in sub-zero temps, they are in the 70's-80's.
Considering the number of Scottish and Irish settlers in Australia, I wonder if I would find any distant cousins.
I've read all Colleen McCullogh's books and most of Thomas Keneally's. One of my New Year's resolutions was to read one non-novel for every five novels I read in 2010. Reading something about Australia will be at the top of the list. And it looks like my local library has several to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment