Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Join The Club


After blogging about waiting to be asked to join in yesterday, I remembered I had planned to go to the Iowa State Savings Bank where Karla Hynes was to be from 3:30 to 5:30 explaining their Preferred Advantage Club. (Part of their newsletter logo shown.)
A few weeks ago I decided it was finally time to move my banking from Wells Fargo in Des Moines after all I haven't lived there for 14 years. It was easy to choose a local bank - my niece works at ISSB.
I was the only one there so it didn't take long for Karla to explain the club and answer my few questions. I signed Budbo & myself up for the club and am already looking forward to our first trip with the group.
There is one next October to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick. PEI includes visiting the home of "Anne of Green Gables". Forget an Alaskan cruise to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. I am starting to lobby Bud right now to go on this tour next fall!!!
The club also makes trips to the New Dinner Theatre in Overland Park, KS a couple times a year. I'm guessing this is the dinner theatre Les & Susan attend. Maybe I can coordinate one of the trips with meeting them there some time.
As excited as I am about the travel prospects, I'm happier about two other results from talking with Karla. 1) Just meeting her. I got the impression she is a lot of fun. I am looking forward to becoming better acquainted. 2) She helped me reconnect to an old friend I had lost track of.
When Karla mentioned she was originally from Mt. Ayr, I asked her if she knew Andrea Cook. Turns out Andrea was best friends with Karla's sister. She told me Andrea is on Facebook. (I hadn't even thought of looking for her there.) After looking through 500 Andrea Cook's to find her, I sent a friend request and this morning had heard from her.
It's such a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment